Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday. The Top Ten Tuesday Meme was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This weeks prompt is Inspirational/Thought-Provoking Book Quotes. Though some of the may be inspirational/thought-provoking I just wanted to do my favorite book quotes in general. I hope you enjoy!
- “So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they’re busy doing things they think are important. This is because they’re chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” ― Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
- “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- “Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn’t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.” – Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song
- “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only someone remembers to turn on the light.” – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…” – Dr Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- “There are people you meet that you get to know, and then there are people you meet that you already know.” ― Colleen Hoover, Confess
- “If love be rough with you, be rough with love. Prick love for pricking and you beat love down.” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet
- “Have you ever had so much to say that your mouth closed up tight struggling to harness the nuclear force coalescing within your words? Have you ever had so many thoughts churning inside you that you didn’t dare let them escape in case they blew you wide open? Have you ever been so angry that you couldn’t look in the mirror for fear of finding the face of evil glaring back at you?” ― Ellen Hopkins, Crank
- “The truth is, once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.” ― Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
- “Best friends are important. They’re the closest thing to a sister you’ll ever have.” ― Jenny Han, The Summer I Turned Pretty
What are your favorite book quotes? Let me know down below.